THIS IS AN ANNOUCEMENT.
THERE ARE BIG COOKIES COMING YOUR WAY.
I am making cookies for two reasons. A.) I was supposed to go to girls night tonight but that got cancelled. I was going to make these cookies to bring to that, but didn’t realize that I needed a muffin top pan. So I didn’t do it because I don’t have one of those. Oh and B.) Mr. Newman is having some train buddies over tomorrow and we’re grilling and I thought that I would make some cookies for them. Plus, Mr. Newman will be a bachelor next week whilst I’m away at his parents house getting ready for his lovely sister’s baby shower. And he loves Reese’s so I thought it would be a nice little treat for him.
Back to cookie.
I searched high and low for a cookie recipe with the ingredients I had (not really I just found something that wasn’t like those Hershey kiss cookies you make at Christmas). And I came across this little fella.
My little helper.
Here it comes!!
Wait for it……
Aren’t they huge? I mean they’re as big as Luke’s hand! HUGE!!
This recipe only makes a (at least it did for me) a small batch. So I made some regular chocolate chip cookies incase they wanted more than just one cookie.
I’m told that you need a huge glass of milk to wash it down with. I wouldn’t be surprised. I mean the cookie is basically has peanut butter base with Reese’s Peanut butter cups, which is also comprised of peanut butter and that’s wrapped in chocolate then you got chocolate chips mixed in with the peanut butter cookie dough and on top of it! Just thinking about it is making me want a glass of milk.
I can’t wait to hear how they taste!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Here’s the recipe from Recipe Girl
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), at room temperature
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips, plus a few extra for topping (optional)
12 full-sized Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups( I used the mini’s just because I had them)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat baking mats (or spray with nonstick spray).
2. In a large bowl, use electric mixer to cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add egg and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add dry mixture to wet mixture. Stir together just until the dry ingredients are incorporated. Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
4. Plan for baking 6 to 8 cookies on a large baking sheet. Scoop out a heaping Tablespoonful of dough and place it on your cookie sheet. Use a sugared fork to make a criss-cross on the dough (to smash it down a bit). Top with a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. The top with another heaping Tablespoonful of dough (so that the PB Cup is sandwiched between two scoopfuls of dough). Use a sugared fork to criss-cross the top and make sure the dough is covering most of the PB Cup. Stud a few extra chocolate chips on top. Repeat with remaining cookie dough and PB Cups.
5. Bake for about 12 minutes, until cookies are lightly browned and almost set.