This post is a fun little list I’ve put together about things that kids do.
Here we go!
- Kids always get sick in the middle of the night. ALWAYS.
- They can hear you digging through the snack draw even if they’re not in the house.
- They never leave you alone to use the bathroom
- Your hardest potty trainer will always have an accident while you’re out and don’t have any extra clothes with
- Going along with #4 bring a diaper bag with. ALWAYS.
- Always bring a barf bucket in the car. No matter where you go. ALWAYS.
- It warms the heart when little brother wants to feed the littlest brother
- Never wear the color white. Trust me.
- Keep dry erase markers away from children. Especially if they’re wearing nice clothes.
- They will always be polite and on their best behavior around other people than they will when they are at home.
- You will start sounding like your parents when you were your kids’ age. Saying the same phrases the exact same way.
- Acrylic paint is not a good idea for children.
- Little brothers will always annoy the big brothers.
- Big brothers will find ways to tease the little brothers
- Lego’s are the Devil’s toys. I swear to it.
- There’s never a dull moment.
- It warms the heart when big brother reads to little brother.
- You will find toy cars, rocks and various other things in pant pockets. Always check the pockets. Always.
- Sometimes your house will be a mess- in the great, wonderful words from Queen Elsa, let it go.
- Never ever clean before a party. It’s bound to get messy anyway, what’s the point. But make sure that the bathroom doesn’t smell like boy pee and the garbage isn’t full.
- Chocolate fixes everything. I mean everything. You got hurt? Want some M&Ms?
- Build up a reserve for patience when the kids aren’t around. Trust me, you’re gonna need it.
- Yelling sucks. Don’t do it. It hurts the throat, head and most importantly, the heart.
- Make coffee your new best friend. Because you won’t know what sleep is anymore.
- You’re going to have to repeat yourself more than once. It gets old, I know. Deal with it.
- Lastly, smile and laugh. As the TV show says “Kids say the darndest things and you’re going to be laughing a lot” Also, write down the funny moments and maybe the not so funny moments either. And take pictures to document it. 🙂